MTC Mailing Address
Sister Kylie Peterson
Brazil Vitoria Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Mission Address:
Brazil Vitoria Mission
Avenida Joao Baptista Parra, 633
Salas 1501/1502
Edf. Enseada Office, Praia do Sua
29052-123 Vitoria - ES BRAZIL

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kylie's letter 10/10/11

So the weather outside is frightful and my little Brazi clothing is not quite cutting it. When it snowed that one day, I thought I was going to die. I've been wearing capris under my skirts and my little black jacket with everything. And I've been sleeping with Sister Hall's sweats. Mind you she is 5 foot 2 inches. But they work. she brought a lot of clothing and so I'm borrowing them for a bit. Apparently we don't get heat until the University decides to turn on the heat. So who knows when that is going to be. We've been bundling up every night. I just really need to get to Brazil.
 
Also this week we had a power outage and we got to expereince MTC safari style. We showered in Pitch black darkness and got dressed, did our hair (wet hair and cold weather do not mix well) and makeup all in the dark. We looked great!!! And who would have guessed this Sunday we had another lecture on our "image" The elders don't get any of this. I think they need a table manners and a what not to say in public lecture. (One of our elders told me I ate a lot. Although true, a definite social no no. And another elder asked his hair cutter girl why she wasn't married - yet again something you should never say to a girl...) Anyway we had a lady come who had been working for "image" (what is that?) for 23 years and she told use how to be "Fabulous in Five" (just a quick make over in five minutes), she also said "a high pony tail says I just got done working out, but a low pony tail says 'I care'', and thoughout the whole hour she kept coming back to belts...."When you add a belt to your outfit it says ' I care' you don't want to go out and share the gopel in a coat that looks like your fathers jacket". She was a very interesting woman to be speaking to us. She had on a nice button up shirt underneath a halter top. Let me repeat. a halter top. Then this little black skirt and bright red crayon lipstick. I guess they just want us to look nice. But I must say I will never be caught dead in a halter top and button up collared shirt. But she was a wonderful child of God who was sharing her talent of fashion to us poor frumpy sister missionaries. We did get another little free packet of makeup so I'm all stocked up for Brazil.
 
Other than the few exciting moments life is pretty much the same ol' same ol'. I can't believe we have three weeks left. So crazy! I have my ups and downs through out the day and throughout the week. This week started as a little bummer. We got in trouble because we were not running together. Apparently you have to watch you companion do everything. My companions hate to run and I'm not making them run with me, but I felt like my little piece of happiness the thing that kept me sane just got crushed. So I had a really bad attitude all week. But with the cold weather came the blessing of staying inside to exercise. So I did get to run around this little track - it wasn't much but it was something. I'm kind of getting tired of the monotony and some of the elders who struggle with staying within social norms are really getting on my nerves because I sit right next to them in class and they won't stop talking to me or looking at everything I'm doing, or taking my things, or poking me etc. You know how boys are.I just want to tell them to keep to themslevs. Okay so I have told them that- but they have short term memory loss.
 
On a happier note I've been having an amazing personal study topic. One workshop we had, we had to explain to an investigator how he could come unto christ and be healed through the atonement. We've been taught that our whole lives but I didn't know how to put it in words. So I studied scripture in TG under: come, heal, and Jesus Christ atonement of. It has been absolutely amazing and I am starting to understand the atonement a little better and I am so excitied to share this with real investigators.
 
Update on visas. It seems like things are picking up. Sister Hall's father who is a mission pres in brazil called the US consolate and asked about her visa. There should be a batch coming through in the next few weeks. If not it will probably be another month or longer to wait. So I hope my electornic visa is in that batch. keep praying for visas!!!
 
Love you all!!
 
Sister Kylie Peterson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment