MTC Mailing Address
Sister Kylie Peterson
Brazil Vitoria Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Mission Address:
Brazil Vitoria Mission
Avenida Joao Baptista Parra, 633
Salas 1501/1502
Edf. Enseada Office, Praia do Sua
29052-123 Vitoria - ES BRAZIL

Thursday, May 24, 2012

My dear sweet little family.
 I hate this computer. By the way. It is a little to hi-tech for me and
every word I type it is helping translate the word into English.
Annoying....got to figure out out to make it stop. Stop. stop. Okay we
are good.

Anyways. So this week began with hippies!!! There are a group of
people here that the people of Brazil call Hippies. They have some
pretty awesome dreds, tattoos, and smell like marijuana. They travel
all over Brazil and live off of the money they get from selling
  jewelry they make. So we made friends with some that were visiting
Teofilo otoni. They had traveled from São Paulo to Minas by bike.
Which is a long long long ways away. They stopped in a bunch of cities
to sell their things and took baths in the rivers. They live in tents.
And basically just live. They earn enough to eat. And they just travel
and visit places all over Brazil and South America. Well, we made
friends with Tim, (pronounced chee) And I was talking to him about all
his travels and where he had been, and he was showing me his pictures
of Rio and some other places. I also bought a bracelet from him. He
told us he would make us a present. We came back the next day to chat
with him and he made us a ring with a star on it. Here in Brazil there
is a tradition of namarados (boyfriend/girlfriend) that they wear rings
of sliver on their right hand ring finger. So he made us this ring and
asked us if we accepted and of course we accepted. (I wonder how many
other girls in Brazil have this same ring he made ha ha) So it is
official. I now have a hippie boyfriend that is on his way to Bahia.
And I am determined to find him after the mission in the Amazon and
travel this half of the hemisphere with him on a tandem bicycle. He
also invited us to come and camp out with them. But we politely
declined. They were a cool bunch and it was fun talking to them. I was
trying to send pictures, but this computer is frustrating....I will next
week.

This week, we marked another baptism with Jenifer a reference from a
member. She is super excited for baptism and had some really cool
spiritual experiences with her member friend! Yay for members. If all
goes well she´ll be baptized next month on day 9. Estefanie is
progressing really well. He is so elect! He still doesn't have
certainty about baptism and so we pushed back his date, but he will
get baptized and he will make an amazing member.

Transfers.....drum roll please. I will be transferred to who knows
where! Hallelujah! I am so grateful for the 9 months I have had on the
mission. 9 months I know - I cant believe it is half way over. It is
going by way way way tooo fast. But I am learning so much and I am
excited for a new area, new ward, and new companion! I hope everything
goes well! I will miss this little city here in Minas. It was a lot
harder leaving here than Vitoria. My last Sunday here we visited a
bunch of members and the day was filled with lots and lots of cheese
bread, cheese and cevada (type of Mormon coffee), (they eat cheese
like slices of bread with this drink. *gag*), and the brother of
cheese. Bet you didn't know cheese has a brother. In Minas Gerais there
is a whole family of cheese. But it was a wonderful Sunday. And I am
headed out tonight for another looooong bus ride to Espirito Santo.

I am ready and waiting for my new adventure to start this next transfer!

Love you all! Jealous I missed the black sun! And summer is just
around the corner! Yay for summer!

ky

No comments:

Post a Comment