MTC Mailing Address
Sister Kylie Peterson
Brazil Vitoria Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Mission Address:
Brazil Vitoria Mission
Avenida Joao Baptista Parra, 633
Salas 1501/1502
Edf. Enseada Office, Praia do Sua
29052-123 Vitoria - ES BRAZIL

Friday, January 4, 2013

Kylie's letter 12/17/12

Happy wedding week for the participants and the engaged couple.

Be sure to take lots of cool pics and eat a bowl of tomato basil soup! Looooooooooooooooooooooooove that kind of soup. They have soup here with bananas in it. Actually they put bananas in everything rice and beans, pizza, macaroni. Yeah - so it turns out it is actually really good... But onto the good stuff. 

This last week I was able to be a part of a wedding here. I got to back to my home in Quissamã. I stayed there Friday and Saturday. It was so funny going back. I love that little town and my family there. It was an amazing weekend. We left the newbies in Campos to work and we headed off for the wedding, and more importantly the baptism, of a family we found our first week there with Sis Z and me. We worked with them almost every day and went to the wedding office place and bajillion times and they were finally married and baptized!!!! Remember Ana Maria and Jorge? They were married and they and their son were baptized. It was one of the happiest moments of the mission to see a family entering the church. And it was so good to go back to a place that I loooove so much and stay with members so simple but have such strong testimonies. It was pure bliss. It is moments like these that make every hour in the scorching sun worth it. "Life is beautiful, the gospel makes it so!" 

Transfers are tomorrow and all four of us will stay in Campos. I am really happy. Because I thought I would get transfered, but it all turned out great. I love the sisters I am living with. I sent home one of my old comapnions early this morning and only got 3 hrs of sleep. We stayed up talking and then I waited with her at the bus station forever. But it was really good to catch up with her. She lives in São Paulo. I am hoping to catch a glimpse of her when I come home. Speaking of which. I got the dreaded phone call. I was totally not expected it. The office elders called me to confirm flight plans and airports. I told them SLC and to put the date for Out 6. They unfortunatley told me that that was impossible. But I will be leaving Brasil March 6. So I will probably arrive March 7.  It makes me sick to think that I have to leave Brasil and take off my name tag. I love it here. 

Tonight we are spending the night at the train station with our elders in our zone to go to Vitória to party it up the day of transfers and celebrate Christmas. It is going to be great! I am gonna try to send pics. with the rest of my time. know tht I love each and every one of you. 
 
love you all

sister peterson
 
DSC02071.JPG
DSC02040.JPG
DSC02091.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment